Today’s post is a very simple & fun DIY project.
I decided to up-cycle two pairs of jeans I had lying around my room.
First was a new pair of bell bottomed pants that my mom bought me. I was having issues with the pants because they were quite heavy & restrictive. I decided to turn them into capri pants.
What You Need
- Remove the belled portion of the pants & make a few random snips on the leg.
- Leave the pants soaking in bleach for 2 hours.
- Run some room temperature water over the pants.
- Wash it in the machine.
- Hang it out to dry for a few hours.
I used the same process as before with the exception of step 5. Instead of hanging it to dry I moved on to the dying process.
I used Dylon Fabric Dye in the colour Flamingo Pink (here).
I followed the instructions on the package.
DYLON Hand Dye Instructions
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water
3. Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C)
4. Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well
5. Submerge fabric in water
6. Stir for 15 mins, then stir regularly for 45 mins
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat & sunlight
I was really happy with the finished product & the dying process was pretty easy.
It was a fun DIY Project & an easy way to spruce up my wardrobe. If you want to bring new life to a pair of old jeans I hope you try out any of these simple DIYs.
Thanks for stopping by!